Letters to Public Officials
The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) and Disability Rights Texas (DRTx) have submitted letters to decision-makers and other leaders in Texas to ensure government agencies include people with disabilities in their COVID-19 response.
- TCDD Letter to Public Health Officials About COVID-19 and DD
- Stakeholder Letter Urging Texas Leaders to Expand Healthcare Coverage
- DRTx Letter to HHSC About DME and Medical Supplies
- DRTx Letter to HHSC About Continued Access to Services by
Medicaid Beneficiaries with Disabilities
- DRTx Letter Urging Gov. Abbott to Protect People with Disabilities During COVID-19
- Stakeholder Letter to Texas Leaders on Prohibiting Discriminatory Rationing of Healthcare Services
There are a number of disability-related organizations that are monitoring how legislators and other decision-makers are responding to the COVID-19 situation. These organizations are providing updates that can help you stay informed about legislative developments, how people with disabilities could be impacted, and when there are opportunities for advocacy. Below, you’ll find links links to subscribe to receive emails from these organizations.
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD): Subscribe
- Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE): Subscribe
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD): Subscribe
- National Council on Independent Living: Subscribe
- National Disability Rights Network (NDRN): Subscribe
- Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities: Subscribe
- The Arc: Subscribe
Below are additional resources to help you stay informed and engaged during the COVID-19 situation.
COVID-19: Helping Texans Stay in Their Homes
The Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic at The University of Texas School of Law has a new website that tracks policies adopted by the federal government, State of Texas, and local jurisdictions to help Texas residents stay in their homes during the COVID-19 situation. The site covers renter protections, foreclosure protections, and utility access protections. To visit the website, click here.
Disability Discrimination at Work Now That COVID-19 is Here
A handout from DRTx provides answers to 25 questions related to how COVID-19 could impact people with disabilities in the workplace. To read the handout, click here.