For nearly 50 years, the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) has worked to create change so that all people with disabilities are fully included in their communities and exercise control over their own lives. To create this change, we coordinate projects across Texas designed to:
- help communities build their capacity to support and include people with disabilities;
- empower organizations to change the system of services and supports; and
- train self-advocates and others to be the next generation of leaders.
All of the work we do demonstrates a commitment to self-determination and ensures that people from diverse cultures are represented. Through our work, we identify and develop best practices and share that information with decision-makers.
We are developing our Fiscal Year (FY) 2022-2026 State Plan, which will guide the work we do for the next five years. TCDD Listens was created to ensure that people with disabilities and others from around Texas have an opportunity to provide their input on our state plan. Your input is important!
TCDD Listens will include multiple ways for you to participate and provide your input. In June and July, we will hold regional Community Conversations online. People who are unable to participate in a Community Conversation but still want to contribute can submit their input online. In August, we will launch a statewide survey and, in November, we will post a draft of TCDD’s FY 2022-2026 State Plan for public comment.
TCDD is seeking input from anyone interested in disability-related issues in Texas, including:
- family of members of people with disabilities
- allies of the disability community
- service providers
- local and state government agencies
- educators and education administrators
To learn more about how you can provide your input and help inform our next state plan, click one of the links below.
- Community Conversations (June and July)
- Statewide Survey (coming in August)
- Public Comment on Draft Plan (coming in November)
For more information about TCDD’s state plan, click here.