The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) revised its Higher Education Resource Guide for Students with Disabilities, which includes information for future college students, parents, high school counselors, and other educators. The guide features tips on preparing for higher education, from how to plan while in high school to what to do when accepted by a college. For students who do not plan to attend college, information about other educational and career options is also available.
The guide includes the following sections:
- Thinking Ahead
- Specialized Resources for Parents, Educators, and Students
- Selecting a School: The Application Process
- Congratulations: You Are Accepted
- Texas Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Online and National Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Texas Colleges and Universities Disability Services Links
|English edition||Spanish edition|
Additionally, TCDD’s The Next Step video and discussion guide include the stories of five Texans with disabilities who attended colleges, universities, or technical schools. Discussion sheets include tips for students, parents, teachers, counselors, and vocational coordinators.