The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) is hiring a Grants Coordinator to provide technical assistance to TCDD grantees and to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations. This position will be located at the TCDD office, 6201 East Oltorf, Suite 600, Austin, Texas 78741. Flexible work location within the state of Texas may also be considered for qualified candidates. There is no deadline to apply – the position will be filled when a qualified applicant has been selected.
About the Position
TCDD helps people with developmental disabilities (DD) achieve their potential for independence, productivity, and integration into their communities by working to develop a comprehensive system of service and supports in Texas. Each year, TCDD awards and administers over $3 million in federal funds to organizations (grantees) for various projects designed to impact the services and supports system in Texas.
The Grants Coordinator (coordinator) plays a critical role in ensuring that TCDD grants are monitored for compliance in accordance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. The coordinator reports grant outcome measures at various stages, works closely with the grantee to resolve compliance issues, and provides guidance and technical assistance.
The coordinator also provides excellent customer service, works independently, and uses initiative to perform essential functions. The coordinator reports to the Grants Management Director and may be required to travel within the state of Texas to perform on-site monitoring.
- Performs review and analysis of project costs and work plans for accuracy, including budget justifications and revisions for awarded grants.
- Applies federal uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and financial accounting rules to multi-year grant recipients on a quarterly and annual schedule.
- Develops progress reports related to work plan activities and expenditures and presents this information to the Council to help inform funding decisions.
- Follows processes and procedures for tracking grant applications for approval and to meet TCDD performance measures.
- Communicates extensively with grantees by negotiating to resolve procedural, budget, and compliance issues, and providing guidance and technical assistance.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in developing, negotiating, or working with the program, fiscal aspects of federal and/or state grant programs or contracts. Work experience related to working with people with disabilities is preferred.
- Substitutions: Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year-for-year basis.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $3,763.16 – $4,956.08 monthly and is part of the Total Compensation Package for State of Texas Employees. Learn more about the compensation package on the State Auditor’s Office website.
How to Apply for a TCDD Position
TCDD receives human resources services from the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Applicants are required to submit their application using TEA’s Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System. For information about how to apply, visit How to Apply for a Position at TEA. Incomplete applications will not be considered.