The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities maintains this website as a public service and complies with the Texas.gov Policies.
Information and comments collected from web forms are subject to public disclosure under the Public Information Act (PIA), for more information, see the Texas Public Information Act Handbook on the Texas Attorney General’s Open Government Publications webpage. Non-governmental e-mail addresses are not subject to disclosure unless the affected member of the public affirmatively consents to the disclosure of his or her e-mail address.
An individual is entitled, upon request, to the following:
- Know if information has been collected about that individual;
- The receipt and review of the information collected under the Texas Public Information Act (Texas Government Code, Sections 552.021 and 552.023); and
- The correction of inaccurate information under Texas Government Code, Section 559.004.
All of the above are subject to any applicable exceptions.
Linking to the TCDD website
Unless otherwise noted, content of the TCDD site is considered “public domain.” TCDD has no restrictions on copying information from or linking to this site as long as a fee is not charged to access TCDD material. However, TCDD would appreciate acknowledgment on any other site of TCDD items used and to link to TCDD in the proper context.
TCDD encourages organizations that link to the TCDD website to comply with the requirements of the official website of the State of Texas, Texas.gov, policies, especially regarding the Accessibility Policy and Privacy and Security Policy.
The TCDD website does not enter into reciprocal link agreements and does not dedicate a webpage to featuring external links and resources.
Links from the TCDD Website
Any links outside the TCDD website are provided as a public service and for informational purposes only. No official endorsement should be inferred by those links.
TCDD reserves the right to link to external websites that it feels would provide a service or otherwise be of value to constituents. TCDD will link to websites only if those sites are aligned with TCDD’s purpose, mission and goals. This includes the following:
- Websites operated by federal government agencies or institutions.
- Websites operated by other State of Texas agencies or institutions.
- Websites operated by other U.S. state agencies or institutions.
- Websites operated by organizations that have received TCDD funding.
- Websites operated by charitable, educational or nonprofit organizations.