Today the House Appropriations Committee took up House Bill 1. Subcommittees were formed and are meeting throughout the week. Rep. John Zerwas, chair of the Article II subcommittee, assigned an agency to each member and provided a tentative schedule for the week. There will be an opportunity for public testimony following invited testimony for each agency.
- Monday, February 11: Chair Zerwas will take the lead on the Health and Human Services Commission’s budget.
- Tuesday, February 12: Rep. Walter “Four” Price will take the lead on the Department of Aging and Disability Services’ budget.
- Wednesday, February 13: Rep. Sarah Davis will take the lead on the Department of State Health Services’ budget.
- Thursday, February 14:
- Rep. Dawnna Dukes, vice chair of the subcommittee, will take the lead on the Department of Family and Protective Services; and
- Rep. Stefani Carter will take the lead on the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services’ budget.
Although the subcommittee is scheduled to meet on Friday, the chair expressed the hope that the committee will conclude its business on Thursday, February 14.
Those wishing to testify should note that the process has changed. Members of the public now sign up to testify via an iPad rather than the traditional paper process. If you need assistance with registering or accessibility accommodations, please contact the clerk, Heather Fleming at (512) 463-1091. Read more about the new witness sign up process on the TCDD website.