Applicants must agree, assure and certify that it will comply with all terms, conditions, guidelines and requirements with respect to grant projects as follows:
- Applicants will comply with the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act. (DD Act) of 2000 (P.L- 106- 402).
- Applicants will comply with federal regulations in Title 45 CFR Part 75 and other relevant cost principles.
- Applicants will follow TCDD guidelines, as outlined in the TCDD Grants Manual.
- Applicants must disclose any conflicts of interest between themselves and TCDD Council members, employees, or their immediate families.
- Applicants must use People First Language or Identity-First Language (where appropriate) in all materials.
- All printed materials must be available in Spanish and in an appropriate accessible format — including digital, tagged PDF, or large print. Funding for this should be included in the budget.
- Videos, DVDs, teleconferencing, and distance learning activities produced by this project must be fully accessible. Any videos or DVDs must be captioned.
- TCDD will retain the rights to all products and other assets created using funding awarded through this RFAs. The grantee will retain rights to materials that were created prior to receiving the grant and the rights to materials created without using funds that are associated with the project.
- Proposals received by TCDD are subject to release consistent with provisions of the Texas Public Information Act.
- Applicants may not use TCDD funds to supplant other Federal or non-Federal funds that would otherwise be made available for the purposes for which the funds are provided.
- Applicants may not use TCDD funds to provide, duplicate, or replace services for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families who are eligible for Federal assistance under other State programs.
- Funds awarded under RFAs may not be used for direct services and supports, which include services designed to directly assist a specific individual with a developmental disability.
- Funds awarded under RFAs may not be used for food, beverages, or promotional items that do not comply with 45 CFR, Part 75.
- TCDD reserves the right not to fund any proposal under an announcement. All funding decisions will be based on the availability of funds, and funding amounts for projects could increase or decrease.
“Statutory/Program Assurances” for other terms and conditions are attached to each RFA. The Statutory/ Program Assurances form must be signed and submitted as part of the application.