The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) invests in projects to change the service and support system in Texas and build community capacity to help people with developmental disabilities (DD). During its quarterly meeting in August, the Council awarded funding for three new projects.
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response: The SAFE Alliance (SAFE) and the West Central Texas Council of Governments will develop projects to help reduce the number of people with DD who experience sexual assault. SAFE will create training resources for adults and teenagers in the Austin area. The West Central Texas Council of Governments will establish a prevention model to increase self-advocacy for people in 19 counties in West Texas.
- Leadership Training by Self-Advocates: The El Paso del Norte Youth Leadership Forum and the Children’s Disabilities Information Coalition will implement a leadership and advocacy training program led by self-advocates in the El Paso area.
The Council also awarded continuation funding to 10 projects already in progress:
- Easterseals Central Texas: Leadership Development and Advocacy Training
- Family to Family Network: Leadership Development and Advocacy Training
- Literacy United: Reading for All
- Mounting Horizons: Youth Adult Advocates Leadership Program
- Paso del Norte Children’s Development Center: Leadership Development and Advocacy Training
- SAFE: Young Leaders for Safe and Inclusive Communities
- Texas Parent to Parent: The Transition Center
- Texas Tech University (TTU): Project Leadership Challenge
- The Arc of Texas: Partners in Disability Leadership
- TTU: The Facts of Life
For more information about these and other TCDD projects, check out Current Grant Projects.
To receive alerts about new funding opportunities, subscribe to TCDD eNews.