State agencies have completed their 2014-2015 Legislative Appropriations Requests (LAR). Agencies give a LAR to the Legislative Budget Board every two years. The Texas Legislature use agency LARs to write the state budget that pays for state operations and gives agencies money to run their programs over the next two-year biennium.
TCDD has put together a summary of key items that may be important to people with developmental disabilities in the following agencies’ LARs:
- Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS),
- Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS),
- Department of State Health Services (DSHS),
- Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC),
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and
- Texas Education Agency (TEA)
The TCDD summary of these agency’s LARs is on the State Agency 2014–2015 Budget Requests Summary webpage. The full-length agency 2014–2015 LARs are available on the Legislative Budget Board’s Legislation Appropriations Requests website. To preview an agency’s LAR choose:
- 2014–2015 from the “Fiscal Year” menu,
- agency name from the “Agency” menu and
- LAR you want to read from the “Existing files” menu.