Grant Application Process Steps
Step 1: RFP Release
Projects to be funded are developed based on State Plan objectives. Once a Request for Proposals (RFP) has been finalized, it is posted on DD Suite. Posting of the RFP is announced in the Texas Register and through TCDD’s communication activities.
Step 2: Telephone Conferences
Applicants have approximately 4-6 weeks after the RFP has been posted to ask questions. Responses to questions specific to each RFP will be posted on DD Suite as an attachment to the RFP. The RFP includes the date that the information will be posted. Staff members hold telephone conferences to provide information to interested individuals and to answer questions about the RFP and grant application process. The RFP includes the dates and times of the telephone conferences.
Step 3: Proposal Due Date
Applicants must submit a proposal in DD Suite by the due date noted in the RFP. Late proposals will not be reviewed. All required attachments must be included or the proposal will not be reviewed, and only the application and information specifically requested in the RFP will be considered during the review process.
Step 4: Proposal Review
- To determine eligibility, staff members perform a technical review of applications submitted on time.
- An independent panel of people who have applied to be on the review panel and have been approved by the Executive Committee review the applications.
- The review panel finalizes comments for each proposal and makes funding recommendations.
- TCDD Grants Specialists — along with communications, public policy and planning staff — conduct a technical review of the top proposals recommended for funding and note issues that must be addressed if the proposal is funded.
- Recommendations and comments are given to the Executive Committee members.
- If you interested in and qualified to review grant proposals, please complete the Review Panel Application Form.
Grant Writing Resources
Grant writing tips and resources that can provide useful ideas and guidance on how to write your grant application.
The TCDD Grants Manual is a 44-page document that provides information designed to help grantees administer their grant. The manual provides information related to program policies and procedures, financial regulations, financial guidelines, and more.